Friday, January 13, 2012

Bee Mine

Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of weeks, but the most wonderful thing has happened! I am now working 2-3 days per week at Paper Ink on the downtown mall in Charlottesville, VA. This store opened a couple of months ago and is adding new stamps, cardstock, pens, etc. daily. I am so happy to be part of this team! I design cards using all of this new stuff and demo the die cutting with the Grand Calibur. I also teach card making classes. You can go to their web site at www.paperink.net to see pictures of the team's work. After being off from work for a whole year, I am gradually getting my body back in shape to work three days a week. This is an opportunity made in heaven!! Anyway, I am going to try to upload cards more often now. For the above card I have used the Bee Mine stamp set from www.sparklensprinkle.com. This is such an adorable set! I used a Cuttlebug folder for the background, a Fiskars border punch for the bottom row of hearts, a Memory Die for the corner flourish, and a Spellbinders circle heart for the pink circle. I used my Copics to color the pink butterfly. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Eleanor, what a clever use of die cuts, and a really sweet way of cutting the image out to showcase it! The dry embossed background is perfect with the theme, and your combination of punches and die cuts is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossing folder for this card. Really deep impression. You did a great job on this. ...And congrats. on your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! Have fun in your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Eleanor. That background is great looking with the stamp and I love the swirl and the border on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to meet you on Tuesday. Your cards are beautiful. Im going to try to come into the store next week after my surgery to stock up on some things to keep me busy. When you get a chance hop on over to check out my blog. www.allisonsstampincreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete