Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Loopy Bow

I have just fallen in love with the seam binding to make loopy bows!  This seam binding came from Stampin Up in vanilla.  I had watched a video on You Tube by Sherry Cheever at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5wpkmgWWcQ&feature=player_embedded#at=26 and it looked so simple that I tried it!  I died the ribbon with Papertrey Ink spring moss dye ink and spritzed it with a pearl mixture of perfect pearls and water.  I scrunched the ribbon and dried it with my heat tool.   I frayed the ends to make it look vintage.  I used a stamping set from http://www.sparklennsprinkle.com/.  This set has so many lovel stamps in it.  I embossed the sentiment with Dog Gone embossing powder from sparklensprinkle.  I also used my old fathful swiss dots embossing folder.  I have also ordered a roll of seam binding that is 100 yards long in white made by Hug Snug as in the video.  I can't wait to start coloring and making so many different colored ribbons!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE you bow and especially the variations in the color! Fabulous!!! Thanks for the shout out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you are so excited! That bow is terrific - and custom colored! Great job! It will be fun seeing what you do with the 100 yards! LOL Here's to happy ribbon'ing!

    ReplyDelete